FILLING SYSTEM Cartridge and Converter
GIFT BOX Blue Gift Box
INCLUDES Standard Converter*1, Brand Bookmark*1, Brand Logo or Pen sticker*1, and Manual/Warranty card*1
BARREL MAX DIAMETER 15.3 mm
PEN LENGTH (CAPPED) 150 mm
PEN LENGTH (CAP OFF) 130 mm
PEN LENGTH (POSTED) 168 mm
NIB MATERIAL Stainless steel, Silver-plating, and Iridium point
WEIGHT 30 g
Do not sanitize your Laban pen with cleansing alcohols
After the covid-19 pandemic, people now use cleansing alcohol or another disinfectant spray to sanitize personal items more frequently. However, your beloved stationery is made with precious parts/materials, if it contacts with solvent/alcohol, the solvent may eat away at the material.
- The gold-plated surface may interact with solvent and loss shimmer or get rusty.
- The acrylic resin part may become weak and get tiny cracks easily.
Thus, we suggest you clean your pen with just water. Also, clean your hand with soap first before your daily writing, which is also a good sense of ritual for both you, and your luxury stationery.
* Ultraviolet sanitize lamps may also damage the acrylic part.
Please use/keep your Laban pen carefully
Do not let your sterling silver, silver-plated, or gold-plated pens contact any chemicals, or keep them in a moist environment for a long time. Please keep the pen in a pen bag or the gift box while carrying it to go out, to avoid surface damage from accidental impact or scratch.
Strongly suggest you store the pen separately with keys or sharp metal items.
How to fix the pen surface damages
If tarnishing occurs, you may use a silver polishing cloth to polish the pens, but it won’t make the pen revert to its original.
Can I purchase a replacement part?
Please contact us directly, and provide your warranty card, also pictures of your pen. We could have a spare replacement for it.
- Remove the cap. Point the nib away from you and unscrew the forepart from the barrel by turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove the empty cartridge/Converter.
Clean the Pen Nib
- It is recommended to clean the nib first if you want to insert a different color ink cartridge/converter.
- Rinse the pen nib with tap water until the water remains clear. Grip section up, nib down, water should flush from the grip section part down to the nib.
- Dip the nib in warm water to soften the clogged ink inside the nib or feed system is also recommended.
- Keep the pen in a cool and safe place to dry.
＊Disassemble pen nib to clean is not recommended. It might damage the feed system or cause nib deformation. Damage which is customer induced is not covered by our warranty.
- Insert the new cartridge into the grip section with the narrower side.
- Push until the ink collector tip punctures into the cartridge and assembles firmly.
- Ink will flow from the reservoir through the feed system to the nib. You can squeeze the inserted cartridge gently to speed it up.
*Always use Laban or European standard cartridges for Laban fountain pens.
Refill Ink Converter
- Turn the converter knob counterclockwise until the rubber seal in front of the rod contacts the converter’s mouth, to squeeze out excess ink.
- Take a small cup of water. Dip the converter into the water and turn the knob up and down several times to clean the reservoir. Repeat several times until the water remains clear.
- Keep the converter in a cool and safe place to dry.
- Pour some ink into a small cup. Dip the converter mouth into ink.
- Turn the knob counterclockwise to refill ink. Throw away excess ink in the cup, do not pour it back into the ink bottle.
- Assemble the converter to the grip section. Confirm it connects with the ink collector firmly.
- If the the converter mouth is dry and clean, you can also dip it in to the ink bottle directly.
Turn the grip section clockwise to assemble with the barrel. Put the cap back.