- Remove the cap. Point the nib away from you and unscrew the forepart from the barrel by turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove the empty cartridge/Converter.
Clean the Pen Nib
- It is recommended to clean the nib first if you want to insert a different color ink cartridge/converter.
- Rinse the pen nib with tap water until the water remains clear. Grip section up, nib down, water should flush from the grip section part down to the nib.
- Dip the nib in warm water to soften the clogged ink inside the nib or feed system is also recommended.
- Keep the pen in a cool and safe place to dry.
＊Disassemble pen nib to clean is not recommended. It might damage the feed system or cause nib deformation. Damage which is customer induced is not covered by our warranty.
- Insert the new cartridge into the grip section with the narrower side.
- Push until the ink collector tip punctures into the cartridge and assembles firmly.
- Ink will flow from the reservoir through the feed system to the nib. You can squeeze the inserted cartridge gently to speed it up.
*Always use Laban or European standard cartridges for Laban fountain pens.
Refill Ink Converter
- Turn the converter knob counterclockwise until the rubber seal in front of the rod contacts the converter’s mouth, to squeeze out excess ink.
- Take a small cup of water. Dip the converter into the water and turn the knob up and down several times to clean the reservoir. Repeat several times until the water remains clear.
- Keep the converter in a cool and safe place to dry.
- Pour some ink into a small cup. Dip the converter mouth into ink.
- Turn the knob counterclockwise to refill ink. Throw away excess ink in the cup, do not pour it back into the ink bottle.
- Assemble the converter to the grip section. Confirm it connects with the ink collector firmly.
Turn the grip section clockwise to assemble with the barrel. Put the cap back.